Percipio is a business consulting firm that helps companies identify opportunities for improvement and to successfully implement meaningful changes. That might mean more efficient processes, shored-up controls, a technology solution that really works, or all the above. We have helped many innovative companies, both Fortune 500 and mid-sized, navigate complex projects by truly understanding our clients’ business needs and defining what success will look like upfront. Our people work directly with our clients as partners, hands-on, speaking their language and bringing deep experience to implement projects that last and transfer seamlessly to our client’s day-to-day operations.
Percipio was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Portland, Oregon. This is an exciting time of growth and opportunity within our firm, and we are seeking talented individuals to join in our success and be an integral part of that growth. Repeatedly listed as one of Oregon’s 100 Best Places to Work, our employees recognize our firm for providing a positive environment where they enjoy their work, stay challenged, and have the support they need to grow.
The Business Consulting Manager or Business Consulting Senior Manager reports to our General Manager while working directly with our clients leading key transformational projects. This professional will apply business consulting skills to help client organizations tackle complex business challenges, lead and support cross-functional project teams, and drive all aspects of process development and improvement. We are seeking thoughtful and experienced consultants who treat all individuals with respect and want to participate in our collaborative culture where everyone’s unique perspectives and backgrounds are valued.
• Manage small to large projects or tracks of work within large projects
• Develop project approach, detailed plans, resource plans, project structure, and roadmaps
• Manage project controls – issue, risk, change control, stage-gate approvals, status reporting
• Drive other project and cross-functional resources toward completion of deliverables
• Facilitate workshops, meetings, and training
• Assess change readiness and develop change plans as needed with support from Percipio Change
• Provide strong written and verbal communication targeted to different audiences such as Client Stakeholders, Sponsors, Subject Matter Experts, and team members
• Facilitate business process design and organizational role and responsibility definition
PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND CAPABILITIES WE NEED TO SEE
• Experience with formal project management methodologies
• Experience with formal process design methodologies
• Strong business acumen – ability to understand business fundamentals and implications of change
• Ability to operate in the ambiguity of new client business problems and rapidly develop a plan and path forward with very little direction or oversight
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work within and transcend client political environments
• History of delivering projects that exceed expectations and while maintaining trusted partner relationships with clients
• Team player, high energy, creative and collaborative
• Innovative and forward-thinking with strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to self-direct and rapidly develop plans and paths forward
• Detail and process improvement oriented
• Motivation to positively impact client success
EXPERIENCE WE’D LIKE TO SEE
• Retail, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and Energy/Renewables industry experience
• Enterprise software experience (ERP, CRM, Supply Chain Planning, ETRM)
• Experience implementing all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle
• Business Analysis experience – including process design, requirements definition, test case development, change management
• Change Management/Transition Management experience and Prosci certification
• Agile project management experience and certifications
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional work experience required
• 6+ years professional work experience
• Strong preference for prior consulting firm experience or 3+ years internal project management experience
Percipio Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where everyone is welcomed, appreciated, and ultimately belongs. We are a place where everyone on the team is valued, has a voice, and has opportunities for growth. We also recognize the value of diverse perspectives within our team which come from diverse backgrounds and life experiences based on each person’s place of origin, gender identity, race, culture, and sexual orientation. Most importantly, our team treats each other with respect and recognizes our individual humanity in everything we do.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, a healthy work/life balance, and the ability to reside in one of the most desired locations in the US with little to no travel. Please send resumes to email@example.com with ‘Business Consulting Manager/Senior Manager’ in the subject line.